Chocolate mousse & chantilly
Buckwheat chocolate mousse & chantilly with olive oil
Preparation Time20 minutes
Resting Time3 hours
Winery PairingMumm 4
- 4 egg whites
- 125g dark chocolate + 1 square
- 10g butter
- 40g sugar
- 20g buckwheat
- Olive oil
- 100ml whipping cream
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bain-marie, keeping one square of the chocolate.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are very stiff while gradually adding the sugar.
- Add the cream to the melted chocolate.
- Gently blend the chocolate into the egg whites. Add a pinch of coarse salt.
- Set aside in the fridge for at least 3h.
- Toast the buckwheat in a dry frying pan.
- Whip up the cream with a beater and add 1 generous drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve the chocolate mousse and the chantilly in quenelles. Add a drizzle of olive oil and a few buckwheat grains. Sprinkle with grated chocolate to finish.
Mumm 4 is an elegant brut champagne that can be savoured slowly to enjoy its deep complexity or paired with gastronomic delights such as poultry with chanterelles and apricot compote, brie with truffle, game birds or roasted beef or boar accompanied by heirloom vegetables.